Trekking through Thailand can be a bit tricky whether you have been here for years or if it is your first time. Here is the quick how-to guide for travelling to Koh Phangan through the various means of transportation, lets begin!
Also, for a comprehensive list of planes, trains, and automobile transport through Thailand, please visit Seat 61!
Ok, so you are just entering Thailand and land in Bangkok (or coming from Chiang Mai, or essentially anywhere in the northern parts of Thailand). The three main options from here are:
1. Fly to Koh Samui from the Bangkok (Flight is 50 minutes and costs around $100 or ~3,200 THB)
- Check out the Bangkok Airways site to find flights to Koh Samui.
2. Fly to Surat Thani from Bangkok
- Check out Air Asia or Nokair for flight tickets and fares. (NOTE: some of these sites can group your flight and ferry ride straight to Koh Phangan, pretty sweet deal!)
3. Catch the night train or bus from Bangkok down south to Surat Thani (about 10 hours and costs ~800 THB)
- Train times and listings can be found on Thailand’s Train Travel site.
Ferry/Boat to Koh Phangan
There are multiple locations and ferry services that can get you to Koh Phangan. The two main piers on Koh Phangan are Thong Sala (central west coast) and Haad Rin (southern-most coast). Below is a general guide from multiple points of departure to Koh Phangan.
Surat Thani to Koh Phangan
Surat Thani is the coastal town that has an air port and multiple options to get you on Koh Phangan. The ferry and time tables can be found on the link above.
The other option is to take a bus or taxi to Donsak pier…
Donsak Pier to Koh Phangan
The Donsak pier is a popular destination for bus serviced drop off and pick up points. The ferry time tables can be found in the same link above.
Koh Samui to Koh Phangan
If you happen to be coming from Koh Samui, there are two main piers (circled in black on the map) that can get you to Koh Phangan .
1. Big Buddha Pier:
- Take the Raja Ferry to arrive in the Haad Rin port of Koh Phangan (full moon beach)
2. Nathon Pier
- Multiple ferry services that can take you to the Thong Sala pier on Koh Phangan
Congrats, you are on Koh Phangan!
The hard part of travelling is over, and now you are needing to get to Koh Space! We are located in Ban Tai village at the intersection of the one way road. For a better detailed look on our map.
A taxi ride from Haad Rin or Thong Sala to Koh Space will cost about 100 Baht.